Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Mediterranean style recipe that is full of flavour and quick to prepare. An ideal after work treat. From Recipes+ May 09.
- 4 chicken thighs, small with skin on
- cooking spray
- 1 red onion, medium, halved and cut into wedges
- 250 g potatoes, baby (chats)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup risoni
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, flat leaf, chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- Spray chicken with oil. Heat a deep medium frying pan over a moderate heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer to a heatproof plate.
- Add onion and potatoes to pan. Cook and turn for 2 - 3 minutes until golden brown. Add garlic, tomatoes and stock; bring to boil and stir in risoni.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook covered for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked and risoni tender. remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in olives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with feta.
Love this! I used two chicken breasts, instead of thighs, and seasoned them with onion powder when I browned them since I didn't have an onion on hand. I used orzo instead of risoni, using the same directions, and it turned out great. Other than that, I made the recipe as written, and it fed me and my two roommates. It probably would have served four, because we were so incredibly stuffed afterwards!
This was such a delicious meal, complete on its own. The only change I made was I used regular brown onions instead of red onions (it was all I had at home). It was quick to make and very filling. Thank so much for posting Kiwi Kathy
Loved this!! Used brown onions, and 8 v small skinless thighs. Everything else the same. Quartered the tomatoes, and next time will cut the chats, so they absorb more flavour. I really like that there are so many textures in this dish! Made for Aussie swap August 2012