1/3 Photos of Tomato and Chicken Rogan Josh Curry (Pressure Cooker)
This originates from a recipe from Taste.com.au for Tomatoe and Chicken Korma Curry but we (the DH and I) tweaked to suit out tastes for a Rogan Josh. For this we used Patak's spicy Rogan Josh with a 3 chilli rating but actually found it quite mild and so next time we are planning on adding some fresh hot chillies to add zing (the original recipe also gives instructions for casserole and slow cooker methods). For the onion due to introlerances issues I cut into wedges so the DH could remove so he would not ingest, the original recipe called for 2 large brown onions thinly sliced. TOMATOES in the original they added them just before serving but I cut a cross in the top of each tomato and dropped into boiling water for 1 minute, removed and let cool till could handle and then roughly chopped and added to the pressure cooker when cooking but DH reckoned he would prefer them finely chopped so they dissolved more and became part of the sauce..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 390 g Greek yogurt or 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 140 g curry paste (Rogan Josh we used Patak's spicy 3 chilli rating)
- 2 1/4 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs (trimmed of fate and I cut each into 3 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (brown large cut into wedges see intro)
- 2 large tomatoes (coarsely chopped see intro)
- 100 g baby spinach leaves (I used silverbeet sliced)
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves (I omitted serve as garnish) (optional)
- 1Combine the yoghurt and curry paste in a large glass or ceramic bowl (I ended up using stainless steel as it was the only bowl that was big enough) and then add the chicken to coat and cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 30 minutes to marines (mine was in for nearly 1 1/2 hours).
- 2Heat oil in the pressure cooker (though I did it in a separate frypan as I was making ahead but use the pressure cooker if you are going to be cooking the chicken straight away) and add onion and cook until golden, this took me about 10 minutes but I had wedges of onion, if thinly sliced would take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Add the cooked onion and diced tomatoes (see intro) to your marinated chicken mix and place in the pressure cooker, (at this point I used an electric pressure cooker), I sealed in the pressure cooker and set the timer for high pressure for 15 minutes, it took 18 minutes to come up to pressure and then cooked for 15 minutes and then did fast release and then served over rice and with steamed vegetables and naan bread on the side (original recipe recommended pappadums).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Chicken Rogan Josh Curry (Pressure Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.1
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 233.4 mg
- Sodium 263.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 58.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: