Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty and filling tomato and cheese pasta dish. Can be served cold for picnics and packed lunches.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste (or normal tomato paste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups full-fat milk
- 9 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 9 ounces spinach, washed and stalks removed, blanched, well drained
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 7 ounces spaghetti, cooked and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease a 9in round flan dish, or a deep, ovenproof frying pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sun-dried tomato paste and milk. Add the cheese, tomatoes, spinach, scallions, herbs and parsley. Mix well and stir in the pasta. Season and pour into the dish or pan.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until the pie is set and browned on top. Serve cut into wedges.