Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My favorite sandwich from picnics in Georgia. We didn't trust meat in the heat, so there was little choice. Most chose pbj, but I had tried this at another picnic and was in heaven. It was made with Miracle Whip salad dressing. I have tried it with mayo, but it loses something, so I say if you want the taste, use salad dressing. I have eaten this many times without the cheese and it was just delectable.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 large tomatoes, salted and sliced thinly
- 1 slice American cheese
- Smear salad dressing on bread.
- Add salted sliced tomatoes.
- Add a slice of American cheese.
- Cut and enjoy.
stick it in a toaster oven open-faced - it is awesome!
Awesome. I use regular mayo.