Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
I'd like to make this recipe for DD soon. From Longo's Experience Magazine. To make ahead of time prepare casserole up to step 8, cover and refrigerate before baking for up to 1 day. When ready to bake, cover and bake for 30 minutes or until hot throughout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (500 g) package cheese tortellini, fresh
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups pasta sauce (tomato basil flavor or your favourite)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, fresh (optional)
- 1 cup pizza cheese, shredded
- fresh parsley (optional) or fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- 1In large pot of boiling water, cook tortellini until tender but still firm (about 8 min).
- 2Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain tortellini and return to pot.
- 3In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook zucchini, carrot, red pepper, oregano and basil, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- 4Pour in pasta sauce and reserved cooking water and bring to a boil.
- 5Pour over tortellini and stir well to combine.
- 6Scrape tortellini mixture into a 10 cup greased casserole dish.
- 7Dollop the ricotta over tortellini by the tablespoon (if using).
- 8Sprinkle with pizza cheese.
- 9Cover and bake in 375F oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortellini are hot.
- 10Sprinkle with parsley or basil if using.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Cheese Baked Belly Buttons (Tortellini)
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 1300.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: