Veggie Girl Kacey's Note:
From the "All You Need is Cheese" magazine (volume 2/no. 3/winter issue 2010). They are a wonderful appetizer or something cute that can go with a main meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With the rack in lowest position, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2On floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into 8inch by 10inch rectangle and cut into 2inch by 4inch rectangles.
- 3Place on baking sheet.
- 4Brush dough with the mustard.
- 5Scatter some basil leaves over the dough, then tomatoes.
- 6Season and sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- 8Cut pie into squares and garnish with fresh basil.
- 9Serve immediately, as an appetizer or starter.
- 10*Good Canadian Aged Cheddar will enhance the flavour of this wonderful tart.
- 11**Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss, Gouda, Provolone, Raclette, Feta.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Cheddar Tart
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.8 mg
- Sodium 143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: