Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another tasty fall side dish that helps with the tomato glut in the garden.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Steam cauliflower to just tender.
- Butter a 9 inch casserole dish.
- Place cauliflower in bottom of dish and top with sliced tomatoes, then onions, herbs and spices, then bacon and bread crumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes and then top with cheese.
- Broil until bubble and lightly browned-around 5 minutes.