Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love pasta salads but am trying to steer away from ones that are dressed in mayo and this one from Super Food Ideas looks like a good one. Cooking time will depend on your pasta.
- 350 g penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini (medium diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 250 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 400 g cannellini beans (darined and rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind (finely grated)
- 1⁄3 cup basil (fresh leaves shredded)
- parmesan cheese (finely grated to serve)
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender and then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat and cook zucchini, stirring for 5 minutes or until just tender and then add garlic, cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant and then add tomatoes and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes or until just starting to collapse.
- Add pasta, beans and lemon rind and season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide between bowls and top with basil and parmesan and serve.
YUM, YUM, YUM! Pat this is such a great recipe! It is soooo tasty, light and crisp! Loved the flavour combination in this! I used ziti (or kritharaki as we call it) pasta as thats all I had on hand. Instead of parmesan I used mozzarella again as thats all I had on hand and I thought it worked perfectly with the tomatoes and basil.
I left my tomatoes raw as I dont like them cooked that much, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved every bite. This is my new favourite pasta salad!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing! Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Make My Recipe Tag August 2012.