Recipe by *Parsley*
I got this recipe online awhile ago and added lots of things to it to add more flavor. Originally the recipe was only 4 ingredients and super bland. I think I fixed it now. :)
- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (30 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bow ties according to package directions; drain but do not rinse.
- While bowties cook, heat oil in a large skillet.
- Sautee the onion, garlic and green bell pepper in skillet until soft but not browned.
- Add oregano, thyme, balsamic vinegar, sugar and tomatoes to skillet.
- Heat just to a boil and reduce heat.
- Add the cubed brie cheese and stir until melted.
- Add any salt if needed.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and mix well.
- Serve and garnish with the chopped fresh basil leaves.