Do not use regular chicken broth as blue cheese is rather salty. I serve with a buttered bread roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spread the tomatoes out in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with the garlic and some salt and pepper. Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- 3Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the leek and carrot and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- 4Stir in the broth and baked tomatoes. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add the blue cheese, cream and parsley. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and process until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 6Ladel into warmed bowls and sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.9
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 1595.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g