1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe from a bargain rack soup recipe book I found. So far everything I've tried from it is delicious. This one is my favorite so far. Great comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 1/4 quarts unsalted chicken stock
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- fresh basil (several large leaves)
- crumbled bacon (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- 1turn oven to 400°F Spread tomatoes in shallow baking dish with garlic and salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 35 minutes.
- 2Heat oil or butter in large saucepan. Add leek and carrot. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- 3Add stock and roasted tomatoes and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 4Add blue cheese, cream and basil. Transfer to food processor or blender and process until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- 5Reheat to serve (don't boil). Garnish with bacon and fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.2
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 10.5 g