Recipe by South Carolina Girl
This yields 2 vegetable servings, .75 dairy servings, the Weight Watchers daily oil requirement, and 34g whole grains. Its 7 points can be lowered by reducing the amount of spaghetti, oil, or cheese (or type of cheese) used. It is all Core except for the cheese. It was adapted from "Bruschetta-Style Thin Spaghetti" on the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest whole wheat thin spaghetti package.
Top Review by KateL
3 Stars, missing quantities of garlic and herbs, plus recipe should state how long the green peppers should be sauteed, or how crunchy or soft they should get. By email the chef said to use 1/8 teaspoon of each herb; I used 1 small clove garlic, minced, and added 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes because I couldn't stop myself. This is a simple yet tasty stirfry of chopped tomatoes and sliced green peppers. I recommend serving as a side dish to a beige looking protein; just pile the tomatoes and green peppers on top of the spaghetti to concentrate the color accents. Or stirfry some cubed chicken with the green peppers. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 2 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into slices
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 21 g parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat with olive oil. Sauté green peppers.
- Add tomatoes and herbs once pepper softens. Heat until warmed (about 2 minutes).
- Combine pasta and tomato mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top and fold edges of pasta toward the center. Heat until warm.
- Transfer to plate, stir, and serve.