Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
From ToH Quick Cooking Nov/Dec 2002.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can italian tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef
- 2 cups small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- in a Dutch oven, combine the broth, celery, carrots, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the next nine ingredients. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add beef and pasta; heat through.
Delicious soup. Hearty and well seasoned. I did leave out the sugar and don't think the flavor suffered any. Thanks for sharing this one.