Recipe by kolibri
This is one of those make loads and eat for days recipes - easy and tasty. If you absolutely must, you can use canned tomatoes - but only if you can't get fresh tomatoes. I got the original recipe from Australian Women's Weekly Low Fat Meals in Minutes book.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I used tomatoes from the garden and beans from the farm box. I did opt to run it through the blender to make it less chunky. Next time I will keep the tomatoes, chicken stock and beans the same, but double everything else. We want to taste those flavors more.
- 1 large yellow onion
- garlic clove, crushed (to taste, personally I put in a whole bulb)
- 1 kg tomatoes, ripe, chopped coarsely
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 800 g beans, canned, different varieties
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion and garlic in a pan, until onion is soft.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stir more until tomatoes are soft.
- Add stock and the sauces, bring to boil and let simmer covered for 30 minutes. If you like your tomato soup smooth, you can blend the soup after this point. I like mine chunky.
- Stir in parsley and the beans. Simmer uncovered for five minutes or so, until the beans are hot.