This is a recipe that I'm planning on trying on one of my clients. It looks really tastey as well as healthy so I'm very excited about it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast.
- 2Place 2 slices of tomato and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast.
- 3Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
- 4Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke.
- 5Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- 6Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 7Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 8Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
- 9Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- 10Taste the sauce and and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 157.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: