Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I'm planning on trying on one of my clients. It looks really tastey as well as healthy so I'm very excited about it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-6 oz each)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 bunch basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Cut a deep horizontal pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Make the pocket as large as you can without piercing the top or bottom of the breast.
- Place 2 slices of tomato and about 4 basil leaves in the pocket of each chicken breast.
- Secure the pocket with toothpicks threading along the side to close.
- Heat the oil in a heavy oven-proof skillet until it begins to smoke.
- Cook each side of the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and gently simmer the chicken for 2 or 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and keep warm.
- Continue to cook the sauce until it is reduced to a thick syrup.
- Taste the sauce and and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over each chicken breast.