Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy and tasty tomato soup recipe that everyone will love.
- 8 -10 medium good quality fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, with stalks
- 1 medium brown onion
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup cream (light cream can be substituted)
- Boil the tomatoes in hot water and remove the skin and core. Set aside.
- Remove basil leaves from stalks and set aside.
- Combine onion and finely chopped basil stalks and gently fry until onions are translucent.
- Roughly chop tomatoes and add to onions and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and allow to simmer for at least an hour.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream.
- To each serve add a good hit of finely chopped basil.