Recipe by Ninna
This goes well with veal, chicken or pasta.
Top Review by VickyJ
Hello! Thank you for a great sauce! I just made a couple of minor changes. I didn't have fresh basil, so I used dried. Before adding the onion, I used my stick blender make the rest of the ingredients less chunky, but I love the bits of onion. Other than that I made the recipe exactly. It was very tasty with just the right balance of spice/sweet. :)
- 1⁄4 cup stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (425 g) cans whole tomatoes, crushed
- 0.5 (240 g) container tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 sprigs basil, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in stock until soft, not brown, add garlic.
- Place crushed tomatoes in a saucepan with tomato paste, add brown sugar and pepper and simmer for 25 minutes on low heat.
- Add torn fresh basil leaves at the end of cooking time (to keep their colour).