Recipe by Sage
Great summer salad!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This was probably the best salad I ever made at home. It was fresh tasting and the basil really added something. I halved the recipe for our family of six, and although the little ones were not thrilled about the basil, the rest of us just loved this. Served with an Italian dinner and it went with it wonderfully. Very tasty...thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 4 large tomatoes, cut in chucks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, cut in 1/4-inch, strips
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 romaine lettuce, broken up
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic,salt pepper;slowly add olive oil.
- Add tomatoes to dressing and let sit a room temperature for a couple hours.
- Cut your basil at the last minute before serving because it gets black very quickly.
- Toss together with the romaine.
- Add basil and parmesan cheese at the last minute.