Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sounds good! Found it on a personal recipe website. Quick and easy too!
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 roma tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Unfold piecrust according to package directions. Place in a 9-inch quiche or pie dish. Prebake according to package directions. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese. Adjust oven to 375°F.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges, drain on paper towels. Arrange wedges on top of melted cheese in the baked pie shell.
- In a food processor bowl, combine basil and garlic; process until coarsely chopped. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine remaining Mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Spoon cheese over top, spreading evenly to cover basil mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbly. Serve warm. Sprinkle with basil leaves if desired.
In order to not overprocess the basil, I dropped the garlic into the hopper of the processor while running and then added the basil and pulsed it about 4 times. While doing that, I added just a small drizzle of olive oil. I also sliced the tomatoes rather thick instead of quartering them. I felt it made for a more even looking top on the pie. All in all, a very good recipe. This is the type of dish that I like for lunch. Thanks, JG.