Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this on Face Book and had to give it a try. One of the things I dislike about making pasta is the boiling and straining - well, with this you may stir but no need to strain. It all cooks in one pot. as the starch leeches out of the pasta it makes the sauce. I have to admit I do add some extra spices for our own tastes, but have listed here just as it was posted, so as to that - make your own decision.
- 12 ounces linguine or 12 ounces any type pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large sweet onion, cut julian
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 large fresh basil sprigs
- 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients to large pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low simmer.
- and cook covered about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring about every 2 minutes.
- Cook until liquid is mostly gone, I left about 1 inch.
- Season with Salt and pepper and garnish with Parmesan cheese as desired.