I first saw this on the Two Fat Ladies cooking show. I don't know if this is exactly how they made it, but this is our version.
- In a small nonstick skillet (I use 8-inch), over medium heat, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add basil and cook 2 more minutes.
- Place in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Clean out the pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- Beat the eggs the water and 3 tablespoons Parmesan until a little foamy and pour into the nonstick skillet.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the eggs and mix it up a bit.
- Cook over low heat, without stirring, about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set- it will still be a bit runny on top.
- While eggs are cooking, heat up your broiler and after eggs have set, sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top and broil until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Great for weekend brunch!
- This serves 2 hungry folk or 4 not so hungry folk.