1/5 Photos of Tomato and Basil Frittata
I first saw this on the Two Fat Ladies cooking show. I don't know if this is exactly how they made it, but this is our version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small nonstick skillet (I use 8-inch), over medium heat, sauté the onions until translucent.
- 2Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 3Add basil and cook 2 more minutes.
- 4Place in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- 5Clean out the pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- 6Beat the eggs the water and 3 tablespoons Parmesan until a little foamy and pour into the nonstick skillet.
- 7Pour the veggie mixture into the eggs and mix it up a bit.
- 8Cook over low heat, without stirring, about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set- it will still be a bit runny on top.
- 9While eggs are cooking, heat up your broiler and after eggs have set, sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top and broil until bubbly and lightly brown.
- 10Great for weekend brunch!
- 11This serves 2 hungry folk or 4 not so hungry folk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Basil Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 215.9 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g