Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this off recipe Goldmine when I needed to use of some fresh tomatoes and Basil. These are so good and easy. Yummy little appetizers!
- 5 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 -16 slices French bread (baguette type)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and cut end tip off
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Allow the tomatoes to drain in a colander for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread and rub each with garlic.
- Combine the tomatoes with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and divide between the slices of toast.
- Serve immediately.