Recipe by keort
This makes a delicious hors d'oeurve. I made them for my wedding. You can make the mixture a day ahead.
- 5 ripe plum tomatoes, seed and dice
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice baguette in 1/4 in slices. Lay across baking sheet. (Drizzle with olive oil, spread with butter, sprinkle with garlic salt -- get creative or toast plain).
- Toast in 350° oven, turning once. Keep close eye on them as oven times will vary. You just want them lightly toasted.
- Mix tomato, onion, garlic, basil, oil and vinegar.
- Spoon onto crostinis. Salt & pepper to taste if desired. Serve at room temperature.