Recipe by Rita~
Serve on a bed of herbs, mixed greens and very thinly sliced red onions. A great summer salad, using fresh home grown ingredients!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I loved this salad! I had fresh garden greens, herbs, and tomatoes in need of using and this recipe perfectly fit the bill. My tomatoes were small heirloom and I thought the orange color that one of them lent looked very pretty in the salad. I "crushed" my tomatoes in the mini food processor, having never used fresh crushed tomatoes before. I mixed my greens with basil, oregano and chives. I used Israeli couscous. I think the red onions could be optional. I ate them with my first serving, but forgot them in my second serving and didn't notice. I already put this in my keeper file and will be making again. Thanks!
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1⁄2 cup crushed home grown tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 salt
- 3 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- fresh herbs, mixed with
- fresh greens
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor pulse garlic, salt, gorgonzola cheese, mustard.
- Feed in through feed tube oil and balsamic vinegar.
- In a bowl mix couscous and tomatoes add dressing.
- Season with basil and pepper.
- Serve on a bed of Fresh herbs mixed with fresh greens and onion.