1/2 Photos of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta (Julie and Julia Style)
Galley Wench's Note:
The movie Julie and Julia has certainly revived this classic appetizer. The key to success with is recipe is to use the freshest and best quality ingredients available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix tomatoes and basil together and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Fry Bread: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan and fry bread until golden brown on both side.
- 4Remove and drain on paper towel.
- 5Rub one side with garlic clove.
- 7Toast Bread In Oven:.
- 8Place bread on baking sheet and broil until golden brown on both sides; 12-15 minutes.
- 9Rub one side with garlic clove and brush with olive oil.
- 10Drain the tomato-basil mixture of excess liquid and spoon on to each slice of bread.
- 11Top with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Basil Bruschetta (Julie and Julia Style)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 1134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.0 g