The movie Julie and Julia has certainly revived this classic appetizer. The key to success with is recipe is to use the freshest and best quality ingredients available.
- Mix tomatoes and basil together and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Fry Bread: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan and fry bread until golden brown on both side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Rub one side with garlic clove.
- Toast Bread In Oven:.
- Place bread on baking sheet and broil until golden brown on both sides; 12-15 minutes.
- Rub one side with garlic clove and brush with olive oil.
- Drain the tomato-basil mixture of excess liquid and spoon on to each slice of bread.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
We loved this. I cut the recipe down to serve 2 and used big slices of french bread. I toasted them in my toaster oven. I was really impressed with the garlic flavor. I was expecting nothing from the little slice that I used. :) I still have a garlic taste in my mouth. I did throw in some capers for added flavor. DH said "Wow, this is good". That makes it 5 stars in my book. Thanks for posting. :)
Yum! I used ripe cherry tomatoes and basil from the garden. I scaled the recipe down just for me. Delicious and easy too! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag.