Recipe by BothFex
My first culinary "success." This recipe came from a great book _Cucina Amore_, and is often requested by friends and family.
Top Review by Miss Annie
Nice and easy! This has great flavor, and eye appeal. It was easy to put together and bake. I followed your directions and did not alter anything in the recipe. A nice variety of flavors and textures. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I will be using this one again!
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 11.09 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked pepper
- 8 slice Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
- 29.58 ml grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
- Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
- Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
- This can be done either in the toaster (if it's got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn't become a brickette).
- When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
- Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it's equally as wonderful).
- Serve immediately.
- The tomato mixture also makes a wonderful vinegrette for an antipasto salad.