Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This meal comes together really fast for a weeknight. Great served over rice or pasta.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, rough chopped
- 2 -14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, partially drained
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- Heat oil in pan. Add chicken and black pepper. Cook 6-7 minutes or until done.
- Add onions, pepper, and mushrooms. Cook another 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and Balsamic Vinegar and simmer 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve over pasta or rice.
Made this for Everyday's a Holiday. As you said comes together easily & quickly. We really enjoyed it. Might add a little hot sauce or spices next time.
It was great served over rice. Maybe it would be great to diced the fresh basil. And I'm sure black olives would be great in this. Thanks Heidi. Made for Please Review My Recipe.