1/2 Photos of Tomato and Avocado Stacks
Recipe comes from CookingLight, I am putting it here to use later when our earth box is going nuts. The recipe specifies heirloom tomatoes and I am sure that would be the absolute best!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash red pepper
- 1To prepare the dressing, combine the first 9 ingredients in a small food processor or blender; process 30 seconds or until pureed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- 2Cover the dressing and chill.
- 3To prepare the salad, slice each tomato crosswise into 4 equal slices (about 1/2 inch thick).
- 4Place 1 tomato slice on each of 4 salad plates; sprinkle slices evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5Top each serving with a few onion pieces and about 1 tablespoon of avocado.
- 6Repeat layers 3 times, ending with avocado.
- 7Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over each serving; sprinkle with black pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Avocado Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 354.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: