Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tomatoes and avocados are abundant in the Caribbean and avocado lovers especially will like this island salad.
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, avocado, and green onions. Toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well and add to tomato mixture. Mix gently until thoroughly blended.
- Chill several hours to blend flavors.
- NOTE: preparation time does not include chilling time.
What can I say but YUMMY. This is a real keeper. I topped it with some baby shrimp and crab and made it as a luncheon salad Made for football pool 09 week 16
Nice recipe. Simple to make, and a great accompanyment to many dishes. Not sure I would classify it as a salad though; it was more like a condiment. I agree that the oprange juice was a great touch. Refreshing taste change from lemon and avocado.
Great salad! The orange juice was a nice bright flavor with the avocado and tomato. And so simple to do! Thanks for sharing! ZWT9