Recipe by Bev
A great way to use your summer vegetables. The olives add an unexpected salty flavor. Could be served as a main dish accompanied with some corn bread. Enjoy!
Top Review by Bergy
Saturdy night is my hamburger night and this sald was fabulous along side the burger with oven fries! I didn't change a thing. The hint of mint is great especially with the feta. This is like a new twist to a greek salad Thanks Bev
- 14.79 ml chopped of fresh mint
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh marjoram
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 680.38 g mixed tomatoes, chopped (cherry, plum, grape, any home-grown)
- 1 avocado, pitted,peeled and diced
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped (such as Vidalia)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 473.18 ml chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 56.69 g feta, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine mint, marjoram, oil, and lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber and olives.
- Add lettuce and sprinkle with dressing.
- Toss gently.
- Divide among 4 serving plates and top with feta.