A great way to use your summer vegetables. The olives add an unexpected salty flavor. Could be served as a main dish accompanied with some corn bread. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed tomatoes, chopped (cherry, plum, grape, any home-grown)
- 1 avocado, pitted,peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely chopped (such as Vidalia)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- In a small bowl, combine mint, marjoram, oil, and lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber and olives.
- Add lettuce and sprinkle with dressing.
- Toss gently.
- Divide among 4 serving plates and top with feta.
Saturdy night is my hamburger night and this sald was fabulous along side the burger with oven fries! I didn't change a thing. The hint of mint is great especially with the feta. This is like a new twist to a greek salad Thanks Bev
Really wonderful salad! I had 2 avocados that I needed to use, so I used them both in this recipe (can't have too much of a good thing is a personal philosophy). I used kalamata olives and fresh oregano in place of the marjoram. Loved the addition of mint, which paired so well with the feta. I'll make this often.
Wonderful recipe! I omitted the marjoram, replaced the regular onion with green onion, and the stuffed green olives with Greek olives, chopped. It was super!