1/1 Photo of Tomato and Avocado Salad
A great way to use your summer vegetables. The olives add an unexpected salty flavor. Could be served as a main dish accompanied with some corn bread. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs mixed tomatoes, chopped (cherry, plum, grape, any home-grown)
- 1 avocado, pitted,peeled and diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped (such as Vidalia)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1In a small bowl, combine mint, marjoram, oil, and lemon juice.
- 2Add salt to taste.
- 3In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, cucumber and olives.
- 4Add lettuce and sprinkle with dressing.
- 5Toss gently.
- 6Divide among 4 serving plates and top with feta.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 186.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives