Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pizza is simple and delicious. If you have a Publix Supermarket near you, try the pizza dough from the bakery. You can also try making your own.
- cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) container pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchunky tomatoes, drained or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canyou can use fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough and press evenly over bottom and about 1 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Brush dough lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic and basil.
- Cover with drained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and sliced bell pepper.
- Bake pizza for about 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
The 4 stars is only because I didn't have any fresh basil on hand. I made this on a flour tortilla for a single serving pizza for my brunch today. I sprinkled a little dry basil & garlic powder on the basted tortilla, but should have used a little more. I used both shredded Parmesan & Mozzarella Cheeses. I used a couple of the Campari tomatoes I had on hand. I think next time I would bake the basted tortilla for 2-3 min before adding the other ingredients and perhaps try with sun-dried tomatoes. All-in-all a tasty lunch! Thanks for posting!
Fresh flavors - the artichokes are something different and good! For the crust I made my favorite Recipe#94429. I used a can of Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes and a smaller (6 oz) package of feta which was still overwhelming. We'd prefer shredded mozzarella with just a bit of feta sprinkled over the top for flavor. A very tasty and healthy pizza!