Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very good alone or in a green salad, adds a wonderful taste and no need for dressing on the salad.
- Combine the tomatoes and tomatillos in a mixing bowl.
- Put the basil vinegar, water and salt in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Stack the basil leaves on top of each other and roll up tightly,cut into thin chiffonade.
- Add the sliced basil and the lemon to the tomato mixture, then press in the garlic.
- Pour cooled vinegar liquid over the tomatoe mixture and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 2 hours at room temperature before refrigerating.
- Serve chilled, as codiment or add to salad greens.