Recipe by AlainaF
This dish is low in both fat (4.5 grams per serving) and effort required (6 minutes of cooking), but it yields wonderful fresh flavor. A topping of chunky guacamole or just cubed avocado could raise these fajitas to an even higher level.
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, vertically sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bottled green chili salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, garlic, and onion; sauté 4 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, coriander, salt, and shrimp; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Arrange about 1/2 cup shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle each tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.