Recipe by Mika G.
This is a fantastic salsa verde that I found on the internet. I'm putting it here for safe keeping. It just takes minutes to put together and is so good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well.
- Cut in half and place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place under a broiler for about 5-7 minutes to lightly blacken the skin.
- Place tomatillos, lime juice, onions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and sugar in a blender (or food processor) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Keep in refrigerator.
- Serve with chips or as a salsa accompaniment to Mexican dishes.