Recipe by BothFex
My husbands FAVORITE salsa! I can't keep enough of this stuff around in the summer, thankfully, it doubles and triples well.
Top Review by karen in tbay
.omg......I want to eat fresh all the time NOW but in our northern ontario area tomatillos are not well known. I have been growing them for several years now and this year was the best for size - its a hit and miss with climate and soil effecting growth. I usually do the cooked salsa and freeze or can but this recipe ROCKS!!!!!! Just wanted to add that all ingredients were picked fresh from our garden so it can't get any fresh tasting than that!
- 3 medium tomatillos, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 chopped cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns