Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from one of my gardening catalogs
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husked
- 2 chilies, quartered lengthwise (hidalgo)
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 5 fresh cilantro stems
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Put the tomatillos in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer till dull green, about 10 minute.
- Drain and puree with chiles, onion, cilantro and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Chill before serving, unless your serving with enchiladas then it should be warm.