Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
The best thing about this salsa is that everything can be thrown into the blender with very little chopping - you can even leave some stems on the cilantro. It takes no more than five minutes from start to finish. I frequently get tomatillos from CSA farms and what a speedy way to make something delicious (and low calorie).
- 6 tomatillos, peeled, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced (or 1/4 cup of green onions or vidalia onions)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatillos, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Juice the lime into the mixture. Pulse until the mixture is well-blended and all of the ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Use or properly cool and store.