Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southwest salsa from Windows on the Green at the 5 star resort - the Phoenician in Phoenix,AZ.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 large lime
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in halves
- fresh cilantro
- 4 tomatillos, husked, rinsed and diced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Peel, pit, and cut the avocados in chunks.
- Squeeze lime juice over avocado, reserving the lime.
- Process onion, garlic, cilantro and pulp from lime until all ingredients are in small chunks.
- Fold in tomatillos, jalapeño and avocado, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Yes, you did it this time. Great recipe for salsa. I especially loved the avacado with tomatillos. I was looking for a new twist on an old favorite and this is it. Easy to make, and easy to inhale. My family really did like this one. I will be using this one again. Thanks for another great recipe.
Very tasty! It makes way more than 4 servings! Next time I make it, and I will, I will remember how much it makes and possibly cut it down. I will also try it with sweet onion as I am not a huge fan of red onions.
I liked the addition of tomatilloes to the typical guacamole. Added just a little bit something extra. Thanks for sharing.