Recipe by Samantha in Ut
This is wonderful with chips or I will use it with burritos. This is from the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. The process time is for elevations 0-1,000 ft, adjust for your area if needed.
- 5 1⁄2 cups chopped cored husked tomatillos
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped seeded green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare canner, jars and lids.
- In a saucepan combine tomatillos, onion, chili peppers, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and hot pepper flakes. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2in headspace. Remove air bubbles and put on lids and bands.
- Put jars in canner and process 15 minutes.