Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa is great mixed into dishes or eaten fresh with corn chips.
- 2 cups husked rinsed and chopped tomatillos
- 2 medium poblano chiles (optional) or 2 medium other fresh mild green chili peppers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- cayenne (optional) or minced jalapeno (optional)
- In a bowl, combine tomatillos, poblanos if you are using them, garlic,onion, salt, pepper and cayenne or chili.
- Let stand at room temperature for up to an hour, or refrigerate for up to 1/2 day (bring back to room temperature before searving).
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then stir in the lime juice and half the cilantro; taste and adjust seasoning again, then garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve.
I am assigning no stars because I have not yet made this as written, but this is as close as recipezaar has to the recipe our friends Newell and Karen gave us for Salsa Cruda de Tomatillo, which is 5 star excellent. The only real difference is jalapeno peppers instead of poblanos. Our recipe says 1 lb. tomatillos, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 2 jalapenos, 1 small bunch cilantro. I think we used 3/4 t salt. Thanks for posting!