Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from a book called "Rotisserie Chicken to the rescue!" Great ideas for leftover chicken.
Make and share this Tomatillo Posole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 30 ounces hominy, drained
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces salsa verde (green salsa)
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Toppings of choice
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sour cream
- chopped avocado
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
- In large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften.
- Add the chilies, garlic, and shallot. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken and the chili powder, cumin and salt. STir to blend.
- Add the hominy and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove cover, stir in the salsa, cover and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Love trying different versions of posole, and this was absolutely delicious. Can't find fresh shallots around here, so had to use freeze dried. Turned out very well. Probably won't be the last time to eat this. Thnx for posting, Jill.
Oh this is delicious!!!!! I used to boneless chicken breasts for the meat. This was easy and ready in no time.