Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My variation of Pork Chili Verde. Yum.
Make and share this Tomatillo Pork Chili Verde Stew (Crock Pot or Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatillos, husks removed
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 medium poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Remove excess fat from the pork loin. Cut into 1" squares.
- Wash and quarter tomatillos. Puree in blender with the cilantro and jalapeno.
- Add all ingredients into a in a 4 quart crockpot. Stir well.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, make a cornstarch slurry with 2 T. water and 2 t. cornstarch. Add 1/2 hour before serving. If a thinner sauce is desired, add chicken broth.
Delicious! I had fresh green chiles, so used those instead of poblanos. Oh and we didn't have white beans so I used pinto beans. Other than that, I think I made it pretty much as written. Fantastic!