Recipe by JoJoStar
Perfect for the summer, by Sue Torres from "The Hot Latin Diet". This recipe is simple and delicious. Serve with fish, chicken or beef.
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup tomatillo, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, leaves and stems, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄8 habanero pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 cup light olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine jicama, red onion, pineapple, and tomatillos.
- Stir in the cilantro, lime juice, habanero, salt and pepper.
- Add oil and stir until well coated.
- Let sit for an hour at room temperature and add additional seasoning if necessary.
- Or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.