This recipe sounds so good and easy, I had to save it. From the Chicago Tribune, by Joe Gray. When I do make this i'll try to remember to weigh the sausage to give a more accurate measure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the sausage from its casings and form into 1-inch balls.
- 2Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and sausage balls and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 3Add onion, peppers and salt to the skillet (add a little more oil, if needed), and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the tomatillos and cook 2 minutes longer, until just softened.
- 5Add wine or broth and return the sausage balls to the skillet. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 6Serve over the brown rice, chopped cilantro would be a nice touch.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatillo Hash With Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian turkey sausage