From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 2-4. Per Serving: 9.5 carbs, 3 grams fiber, 6.5 net carbs, 48 grams protein, 2.5 grams fat, 525 calories
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 large whole chicken legs (leg quarter)
- 1 cup roasted tomatillo salsa, mild or chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1Place rack in top third of oven (about 6 inches from heat source) and preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Heat oil in 12-inch ovenproof skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Combine salt and cumin and sprinkle evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- 4Brown the legs 6 min per side, turning once, until deep golden brown.
- 5Add salsa and broth, and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 35 minute.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare the garnish:.
- 7Heat oil in skillet, add pumpkin seeds and cook, shaking the pan, 1-2 min, until the seeds are lightly toasted and slightly puffed (seeds may pop). Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- 8Uncover chicken and bake 5-6 min more, until deeply browned.
- 9Transfer chicken to platter, spoon juices over the chicken, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatillo Chicken - Atkins - 6.5 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.9
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 424.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: