Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook. Phases 2-4. Per Serving: 9.5 carbs, 3 grams fiber, 6.5 net carbs, 48 grams protein, 2.5 grams fat, 525 calories
- Place rack in top third of oven (about 6 inches from heat source) and preheat oven to 350*F.
- Heat oil in 12-inch ovenproof skillet over med-high heat.
- Combine salt and cumin and sprinkle evenly on both sides of the chicken.
- Brown the legs 6 min per side, turning once, until deep golden brown.
- Add salsa and broth, and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 35 minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garnish:.
- Heat oil in skillet, add pumpkin seeds and cook, shaking the pan, 1-2 min, until the seeds are lightly toasted and slightly puffed (seeds may pop). Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Uncover chicken and bake 5-6 min more, until deeply browned.
- Transfer chicken to platter, spoon juices over the chicken, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.