Kay Demonbren's Note:
This recipe came from Party Line with The Hearty Boys, in anticipation of Super Bowl Sunday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Spray two 9 inch cake pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
- 3In one large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix well.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and butter.
- 5Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- 6Fold in the cheese and salsa.
- 7Divide the batter between the two pans.
- 8Place in center of oven and bake for 30 minutes, until center is firm and top is golden.
- 9Let cool before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatillo Cheddar Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 819.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: