Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Party Line with The Hearty Boys, in anticipation of Super Bowl Sunday.
Make and share this Tomatillo Cheddar Cornbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray two 9 inch cake pans with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In one large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and butter.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the cheese and salsa.
- Divide the batter between the two pans.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 30 minutes, until center is firm and top is golden.
- Let cool before slicing.