Recipe by RecipeMonster
We really like this salsa served with chicken or fish, also great with corn chips.
Top Review by Tee Lee
This sauce has a wonderful flavor that I can't compare to any other sauces I've tried. I served Recipe #82359 with this recipe and they went together great. I also found a scaled-down version of this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens grilling cookbook, where they suggest using it on grilled fish or chicken, which sounds good too.
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, husks removed & washed
- 2 cups water
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatillos and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Place tomatillo, avicado flesh, jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, sour cream and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth. Thin with reserved cooking liquid if necessary, should be pancake batter consistency, refrigerate.