Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the tapas recipes that I use either as a appetizer or side dish or just a snack. Adjust the amounts of ingredients and seasonings to your taste.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and maybe a slice off the bottom so you can stand them flat.
- Remove the insides of the tomatoes with a spoon or knife.
- Mix the eggs, aioli, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Fill the tomatoes. Replace the tops, sprinkle with some olive oil and black pepper.
- tips: if the mixture seems too soft you might have to add some bread crumbs. If you are using mayonnaise instead of aioli, season it with garlic.
Very delicious I did use some mayo and I love hardboiled eggs and tomatoes together so this was lovely. Had the same great taste w/o eating the bread. Great for those non carbs days. I did toss in some dill cause I had it. These are a keeper! Thanks Bellinda. Made for PAC Fall 09.
This is great! I wouldn't change a thing! It makes a pretty dish that looks like it takes a lot more work than it really does. My only advice is to pay attention to the "small" part of the tomato description. My tomatoes were apple sized, and the egg mixture only filled three of them. I would think the perfect size would be about halfway between a cherry tomato and a regular one. In fact, you might get by with using roma tomatoes cut in half. I'll be serving this recipe to company. Thanks Bellinda!!
Great tapas dish. I didn't have to add any breadcumbs.